Shopping, Eating and Exploring

Come along with me and discover some off-the beaten paths in Southwest France

Saturday, March 3, 2007

Vist Alameda Point Antiques and Collectible Show!!


The first Sunday of every month finds me at Booth K-10 at Alameda Point Antiques and Collectible Show. At about 5:30 am. Really. It's really quite a scene. 800 dealers, sometimes more, sometimes less. Items are required to be 20 years old, or older. Of course, people always try to push the envelope with that, but most of us stick to the rule.


I share booth space with Bill Gold, who sells all things that go tick-tock. One of a kind vintage watches and clocks are sold with a one-year warenty. People come for the stories, and Bill has a millon of them.


I sell all the things I pick up in my travels. One month I will bring a lot of vintage linens, the next it will be French enamel or Quimper. There are always the odd bits, deer antlers, chocolate molds, vintage ribbons and French Postcards.


Next show is tomorrow, March 4th, and then we have April 2. The first person who comes by and mentions this blog, will receive a free pass to a future Alameda Show.


The photo today is of Robin, the owner of Ch Beaugard in Villefranche de Lonchat during the crush of 2006.

No comments: